Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Sweetest Thing

"The Sweetest Thing"    12x12    (Matthew  6:25-34)

This painting is a "wink" to my friends. Recently, a group of us girls got together for a book discussion. We read Elizabeth Musser's most recent book of the same title. The story takes place during the Great Depression in my hometown of Atlanta. It's about friendship and relying on God to provide during difficult times. So relevant during today's economic difficulties. This may be one of those pieces that is hard to let go of, but it will be available at my upcoming fall art shows.

 For more on Elizabeth's book (my favorite is "The Swan House") you can visit her website here.

1 comment:

  1. Love these soft colors. Will have to check the book out too. Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! I will respond at my earliest convenience should it be necessary.

Amy