Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Widow's Mite

I had the joy of participating in the Brentwood Academy Fine Art show a couple of weeks ago. The people were so wonderful. I always enjoy the conversations at art shows. Well, one person I had the pleasure of meeting posted a blog about our visit. When she emailed asking for my permission to post about it on her blog, I cried and was so touched.  I had no idea what she did for a living or would write about me. Anyway, it's with a humble heart that I share a link to her blog with you here on my own. I hope it blesses you as well.

3 comments:

  1. Love this story Amy. The Brentwood show was a success for you in many ways. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story is applicable to so many of my artist (and other-kinds-of-talented) friends, like you. Thankful for your friendship Carol. Merry Christmas and hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy, While on Carol Carmichael's blog your link with the words "Widow's Mite" caught my eye. Thanks so much for posting the link to the story. As a Christian and artist I struggle to understand the relationship between my faith and painting. Without painting religious subject matter, can my art express my love for God? Will other people see that? I don't know, but now after reading her post, there's more to think about: giving away what I've been given. Thanks for sharing this. Glad to have found your blog. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! I will respond at my earliest convenience should it be necessary.

Amy